Vacancy Announcement - Faculty Position in Food Security - American University of Beirut
The Food Security Program at the Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences, American University of Beirut (AUB) invites outstanding candidates to apply for a full-time faculty position in food security at the level of assistant professor or higher. The starting date of the appointment is August 15, 2017. The position is a full-time, nine-month, non-tenure-track position. Appointments are for an initial period of four years.
- Applicants should possess a Ph.D. from a fully accredited and recognized university in the discipline of food security (or related discipline, including but not limited to agriculture, agribusiness, agricultural economics, international development, natural resource management and sustainability, nutrition, and/or public policy), with a dissertation focused on food security, food sovereignty, and/or immediately related concerns.
- Experience may include post-doctoral research in the field of food security, and/or professional experience working in food security policy development and/or program implementation.
- Experience including a focus on the Middle East and North Africa region, or a sub-region or country/countries therein, is preferred.
- Teaching experience of no less than five years at the university level, including two years at the graduate level, is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively across academic disciplines is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are preferred.
- Teaching and advising of graduate students under the Diploma in Food Security and Master of Science in Food Security programs.
- Conducting research on food security in the Middle East and North Africa region, particularly of an interdisciplinary and applied nature.
Applicants should submit by October 31, 2016 a complete curriculum vita with a list of relevant professional academic degrees and experiences; and the names and addresses of three (3) professional references to:
Dean of the Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences
American University of Beirut
P.O. Box 11-0236, Riad El-Solh
Beirut, 1107 2020
An electronic copy of all documents should be sent to email@example.com.
Letters of reference must not accompany the application. Applicants should ask referees to send their letters directly to the Office of the Dean at the addresses provided above.
The American University of Beirut is an equal opportunity employer. The home page is available at http://www.aub.edu.lb.